RE: Connection Problem

From: FOX, Simon <Simon.FOX_at_crewe.sema.slb.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:26:03 -0700

Thanks folks (a useful gender-neutral word).

Suggestions received were

        clean up old names files
        try pinging name and ip address
        use ip address in names file instead of a name
        trace.

I have 4 Oracles on the machine so I renamed old names files.

I then failed to ping by name, but was able to ping by ip address.

So I changed the names file to use ip address instead of name.

At this point one of those little ironies that makes computing such fun stepped in. Unbeknown to me the server went down so it seemed that the combined knowledge of this list had brought my Oracle system to its knees.

However once service was restored all worked.

S.J.C. Fox

CRH 0161 601 8723

Author: FOX, Simon
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: FOX, Simon
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 09:26:03 CDT