Filesystem for Linux production database server?

From: zhu chao <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:05:53 -0700

Hi, friends that run oracle on linux:

    We are running some database on linux, some with UPS protection and some not, all using ext2. Currently we have a DW server running oracle 817/Redhat 7.2/Ext2. When server crash because of power supply, fsck took rather long time!

    And we are planning migrate to redhat as2.1/9.2, and I am thinking of what kind of filesystem shall I choose for the new server. The database is about 150G.I had planned to use ext3 for it is journal filesystem, But according to http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5841, ext3 is bad for performance, and some friend said he hit filesystem crash with ext3.

    So,what is your experience using filesystem for oracle in linux? Performance and avaliability is of most important.

    Thanks.

Regards
zhu chao
msn:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.cnoug.org

Author: zhu chao
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Jun 29 2003 - 10:05:53 CDT