Fw: controlfile backup obsolete above 2 days

From: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:19:47 -0700

Hello List, here is what metalink says

 fact: Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition 9.2.0

      fact: Recovery Manager (RMAN)
      symptom: Backupsets are incorrectly reported as obsolete
      cause: <Bug:2458246>
      "RMAN thinks backups with SPFILE are OBSOLETE"

fix:

Ver. 9.2.0 is the first version that supports backup of the server side
parameter file (SPFILE).

RMAN backups are at risk for being incorrectly reported as obsolete, and
deleted, under the following circumstances: - CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP is set to OFF, and - RECOVERY WINDOW is used as retention policy.

If the REPORT OBSOLETE command lists any backups within the recovery window, do
not issue DELETE OBSOLETE as this will delete backups needed for recoverability.

The retention policy is by default set to REDUNDANCY. In an RMAN environment
running with default settings the bug will not occur.

The recommended workaround is:

In addition the following workarounds prevent the bug from occurring:

Thanks for the help

Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]