RE: sqlplus newbie: How do I retrieve the last command I ran in a

From: <Reginald.W.Bailey_at_jpmorgan.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:12:27 -0700

If you are on a Windows 2000/NT client, then start the command line version of SQL Plus by entering "start %ORACLE_HOME%/bin/sqlplus [EMAIL PROTECTED]". Then in your SQL session you should be able to recall SQL commands the same way you do in Windows 2000/NT: use the cursor arrow keys to recall and edit previous commands. To insure you have enough buffer memory, right click on the SQL Plus title bar and edit the properties of the SQL Plus command window and set the screen lenght and width to 2500 and 130 respectively.

I hope this helps.

RWB

Reginald W. Bailey
IBM Global Services - ETS SW GDSD - Database Management Your Friendly Neighborhood DBA
713-216-7703 (Office) 281-798-5474 (Mobile) 713-415-5410 (Pager) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    tx.com               To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Subject:     RE: sqlplus newbie: How do I
retrieve the last command I ran in a
                    ity.com

                    06/27/2003

                    06:10 PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

How about a history of commands? Thanks. -----Original Message-----
Author: Roger Xu
  INET:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego,  California        -- Mailing list and web  hosting services
command for other information (like  subscribing).

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).