RE: 10046 Trace file questions

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:52:48 -0700

Dan,

> 4) A subsequent statement has several space management
> (activity on fet$
> and uet$) activities. The tablespace/file that is passed in as a bind
> variable are associated with a 'temp' tablespace. However,
> the tablespace
> is set up as dictionary managed. This indicates that sorting
> is being done
> by this operation and that the sort segment space management is being
> tracked in the data dictionary.

Jared already commented on 1-3. Actually, 4 also seems pretty reasonable. If the TEMP tablespace is dictionary managed, then you should see deletes on FET$ and inserts on UET$ during allocation of extents. If the CONTENTS were TEMPORARY, and the instance was bounced recently and this was the initial set of sorts, then I would expect to see the same - these should taper off as the whole of TEMP is 'consumed' - this is never de-allocated. I would expect, though, to see 'direct path writes' and 'direct path reads' events in the trace....

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Grace - Getting something we don't deserve; Mercy - NOT getting something we deserve
Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jun 27 2003 - 18:52:48 CDT