RE: Question On Statistics Gathering

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:08:24 -0700

  1. Oracle is bug free. If not bug free, it is, at least, unbreakable. That means that nothing wrong will happen to you as long as you don't have users or data. They are the problem.
  2. Direct load doesn't generate statistics, even if monitoring attribute is set. Direct load is built for speed, like Ferrari, not for comfort, like a Cadillac.
  3. Monitoring tables is relatively painless, but it is still advisable to analyze the tables with cron jobs over night. Look at the block sampling feature of dbms_stats.

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA
Author: Schauss, Peter
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Meng, Dennis
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jun 27 2003 - 17:08:24 CDT