Re: Intresting Statistics -- DB FILE SEQUENTIAL READ waits

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:33:18 -0700

has anyone ever really benchmarked a case where this kind of update through a cursor is EVER faster than doing it in straight sql? It seems to take twice as long if not longer on large batch jobs.

ive seen somethings in books that claim it can be faster, but i have tested this every way i can possibly think of with as many cases as I can think and cannot find a case where its faster to use pl/sql?

anyone? ever? if so how did this get published?

Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]