RE: Migrating 8i OPS to RAC 9.2

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:38:24 -0700

Robert - Please don't back off the success you've achieved. You have been generous in sharing with us the knowledge of Oracle you've gained. If you hunker down in your cubicle like most of us, you won't be criticized, but then is that what you really want? I know for a fact that many Oracle employees monitor this list, because I've received feedback through Oracle. If I were you, I would take it as a lesson, with pretty mild repercussions at that, shrug it off and keep on keeping on.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 3:35 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I'm gonna start callin' ya Pete "Mr. Company Line" Sharman.

Must say I'm rather upset right now... someone on ORACLE-L is making nasty suggestions to Oracle that I am revealing 10i stuff there.... one case where I just happened to mention that I was on the beta (which I should have thought better of granted) and one where I mentioned a feature in 10i, but didn't mention that it was a feature... in fact, I didn't even think of it in those terms when I wrote the article (it was about default user tablespaces). Oracle and I have had some words about that, and I probably irritated them with my words just a bit.

I'm just about to give up on this whole Oracle thing I think. :-)

RF

Author: Freeman Robert - IL
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 25 2003 - 15:38:24 CDT