Oracle Application Server Listener Anomalies

From: Sam Bootsma <sbootsma_at_gbrownc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:54:18 -0700

font-family:Arial'>OAS 4.0.8.2.4 running on Windows 2000 SP2, connecting to Oracle 7.3.4.5 database.  Server housing OAS regularly rebooted at 4:00 a.m.<font size=2 face=Arial> every
morning.

font-family:Arial'>

font-family:Arial'>Hi Everyone,

font-family:Arial'>

font-family:Arial'>We have recently had some anomalies with our OAS server.  On the weekend, we had an internal user try to connect to our web application &#8211; they were not successful, the browser returned the standard error message (with a lot of text) indicating that it was not able to retrieve the page.  Other users had experienced the same problem.  The problem was resolved by rebooting the server, then running the batch file to start the OAS listener(s).

font-family:Arial'>

font-family:Arial'>On Monday morning we looked in the log files associated with OAS.  It showed the reboot occurred at <font  size=2 face=Arial>10:05 p.m.<font
size=2 face=Arial>  It
also showed connections to OAS as late as ten minutes before the reboot.  In fact, it showed a light stream of connections right up to the time OAS was restarted.  One of our other tech people had a utility running over the weekend that was connecting to the web application every 30 minutes.  This showed successful connections all day Sunday, except at the planned and scheduled reboot time at <span
 style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>4:00 a.m.<font size=2 face=Arial> Sunday
morning and the unplanned reboot at <span  style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>10:00 p.m.

font-family:Arial'>

font-family:Arial'>So, we have a situation where some are able to access our web application, and others are not able to.  Anybody ever experienced a problem like this?  Can anybody hazard a guess why we have this erratic behavior?  Thanks for your input, &#8230;

font-family:Arial'>

font-family:Arial'>

font-family:Arial'>Sam

12.0pt'>  Received on Wed Jun 25 2003 - 14:54:18 CDT