Re: Re: 9i OCP Details

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:47:10 -0700

Hi!

There was about 25 OCMs before I took the exam in Dec 2002. Now there's 50 IIRC. At least then the requirements were:
Had to be 9i OCP.
Had to pass 2 "advanced" courses, I took Advanced PL/SQL and RAC. Had to pass 2 day practicum. Sh*t, this was hard, but I'm glad about it, that shows OCM actually is worth something. There is a description in OCM website about the tasks. Anyway, when going, refresh your recovery skills ;)

It did cost me about $5000 (from my own pocket). I had to travel to Chicago from other side of the globe, because they didn't take tests in Europe then (it might be the case now as well). If anyone asks was it worth the money - I would have spent the money on other stupidities anyway ;)

Cheers,
Tanel.

> to get OCM you need to
>
> take 2 advanced classes
> then pass an all day comprehensive hands on test right?
>
> what do they have you do for that test? i heard there are different OCMs?
btw, how much does it all cost?

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]