Re: Statistics problem

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:33:16 -0700

If it'd be possible, CBO would be using these views itself ;)

One way would be to increase the percentage of rows once and see if the statistics/query plans improve.
Even better if you can do it on a test/cloned environment, then you don't have to experiment in production.

Tanel.

> Hi All,
> I have a very large database that is experiencing performance problems due
to bad query plans. While I suspect the cause is bad statistics ( insufficient number of rows being analyzed ), I don't want to change our analyze scripts without seeing some proof. Is there anyway I can query against the database to show that the statistics are indeed bad?

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]