RE: Help Needed regarding partitioning

From: Jack van Zanen <JACK_at_QUANTSYSTEMS.NL>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 03:45:48 -0700

Hi,

I'm currently looking into the
same.

My idea is to create a new table with the partitions I need, insert the data from the old table, drop the old table and rename the new table to the old name.

This will invalidate a lot of stuff, which I still have to find out exactly what, so if somebody has a script to find all the dependencies already.....?

Anybody have a different/better idea,
because the insert may take a long time?

Jack

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----From: Munish Bajaj   [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 11:54   AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: Help   Needed regarding partitioning
  Hi Listers,
  Please let me know whether I can convert an   existing heavy table into a partitioned table and how? I need this to improve   my query performance.
  Thanks and Best Regards
  Munish
Bajaj Received on Wed Jun 25 2003 - 05:45:48 CDT