Re: Thanks!! What are the type#'s in obj$ ?

From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:43:54 -0700

Another thing to consider is that the object id may be needed for recovery/rollback/read consistency purposes. The object id is one of the fields kept in the undo record. I presume this is for a sanity check to make certain that the undo is being applied to the right object. I wonder if the same field is part of the redo record? If Oracle does not reuse object ids, then an undo record would not be mistakenly applied to the object that has now allocated that file.block.row even if it is not the
same object that was originally the source of the undo.begin:vcard n:Fink;Daniel
tel;cell:303.808.3282
tel;work:303.272.3225
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:DB Services Lead
x-mozilla-cpt:;-4832
fn:Daniel Fink
end:vcard Received on Tue Jun 24 2003 - 13:43:54 CDT