Re: RE: SMON taking 50% of CPU and certain queries hanging

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:23:19 -0700

Hi!

Last time I saw something similar, SMON was doing parallel rollback, because some long running transaction was aborted and the instance afterwards. Parallel rollback was awfully slow for some reason (Oracle 9.2 on linux), then I set parameter fast_start_parallel_rollback to false and rollback was done serially and completed quite fast.

But the symptoms were the same, SMON taking resource and some queries hanging - probably because they couldn't do a consistent read using rollback segments..

Tanel.
Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]