Re: Oracle on Linux

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:45:16 -0700

I haven't found a similar white paper yet but I found one titled: "Tips: Instal & configure Red Hat Linux Advanced server 2.1 for Oracle9IAS 9.0.2 and above" It lists the recommended steps to configure the server and states the package group to use. I lists the :Advanced Server" option to be used.It might be the same recommendation for the database but I haven't found a similar paper yet. Ron

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/23/03 08:10AM >>>
Oh boy, you are going to have the time of your life. Which version of RH
are you about to install? Is it 8.0, 9 or AS? Workstation installation should
be fine.

On 2003.06.23 06:54, John Dunn wrote:
> OK, I am about to venture into the world of Red Hat Linux....and
then
> install Oracle on it.
>
> I have a question re the Linux install options. Do I need to do a
"Server
> installation" (as opposed to a "Personal Desktop installation" or a
> "Workstation installation"), to be able to later install Oracle 9?
>
> John

> Author: John Dunn
> INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

services