Fw: controlfile backup obsolete above 2 days

From: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:35:14 -0700

Hello list
sorry to trouble you all so much,
I tried all that I stated below on another database I created, and as long as I don't use an spfile , no problem. As soon as I start using an spfile , I always get my backup shown as obsolete , irrespective of the number of days (the value of n) I specify in ''report obsolete recovery window of n days; '' .
Also a few more details , previously i was getting the problem on a 9.2.0.1.0 enterprise edition database in noarchivelog mode. The problem I stated above is on a 9.2.0.1.0 enterprise edition database in archivelog mode with automatic archiving enabled. All this on win32.

: Hello list
: I was having problems with my controlfile backups being reported as
: obsolete ;
: I have narrowed down the problem to the number of days specified in
: the recovery window .
:
: 1. My control_file_record_keep_time=7
:
: 2. Suppose I start rman and there are no backups yet. (This is
: confirmed by the commands :
: delete noprompt force backup ;
: delete nopromt force copy ;
: list backup ; (This shows no o/p confirming that there are no
: backups )
: list backup of controlfile ; (This shows no o/p confirming that
there
: are no backups )
:
: 3. All the rman configuration settings are at their default values
.
: I did not modify any , and just to be sure I checked using 'show all
: ;'
:
: 4. Now I backup the database :
: backup database ;
:
: As expected it creates a single set with a single piece whose name
is
: in the o/p:
:
: channel ORA_DISK_1: finished piece 1 at 21-Jun-2003 00:13:01
: piece handle=D:\ORACLEXP\ORA92\DATABASE\03EQ6ARH_1_1 comment=NONE
: channel ORA_DISK_1: backup set complete, elapsed time: 00:00:28
: Finished backup at 21-Jun-2003 00:13:01
:
:
: 5. I confirm this by using 'list backup ;' and
: list backup of controlfile ;
:
: 6. NOW THE PROBLEM IS :
:
:
: RMAN> report obsolete recovery window of 1 days ;
:
: no obsolete backups found
:
:
: RMAN> report obsolete recovery window of 2 days ;
:
: no obsolete backups found
:
:
:
: RMAN> report obsolete recovery window of 3 days ;
:
: Report of obsolete backups and copies
: Type Key Completion Time Filename/Handle
: ----------------- ------ ------------------ --------------------
: Backup Set 3 21-Jun-2003 00:12:52
: Backup Piece 3 21-Jun-2003 00:12:52
: D:\ORACLEXP\ORA92\DATABASE\03EQ6ARH_1_1
:
: Why is this happening for all values above 2 days ?
: Please advise
:

Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]