Re: Development projects: Multiple databases v/s multiple schemas

From: Joe Frohne <joe_at_rawsonoaks.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:57:21 -0700

Hi,

We end up doing it both ways at the same time. We have multiple development instances and multiple schemas in each instance. We do this because we are running a large ERP system and each test instance has specific testing requirements so we end up replicating multiple instances on the same machine. Beyond that, all the add-on products that we have either developed or purchased lives in each instance under it's own schema.

If I had my choice, I would run one database instance with multiple schemas. This way the resources are only consumed by one instance and your not try to juggle system resources between multiple instances. That can be a problem if your box is already maxed out as one of our development boxes is.

Hope that helped,

--
Joe Frohne
Rawson Oaks Consulting

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Joe Frohne INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).