RE: SQL Server Q?

From: Adrian Roe <Adrian.Roe_at_telewest.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:10:27 -0700

sp configure 'user
connections'
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>

This
is an advanced option (believe it or not), so you may have to do "<FONT
color=#0000ff>sp configure 'show
advanced options', 1" before you do "sp configure 'user connections'".
<FONT

face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Alternatively you can just run SELECT @@MAX CONNECTIONS

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Returns something like this....
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>name
minimum     maximum     config value
run value   ----------------------------------- -----------
----------- ------------ ----------- user
connections
0

32767
0
0
Run
value is what's configured at present. To change "sp configure 'user connections', 1000" (or whatever)
<FONT

face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>
You
will need to stop/start the database to make the change take affect.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Ade
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
-----Original Message-----From: Jack
van Zanen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]Sent: 20 June 2003 13:45To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: OT: SQL Server Q?

  Hi All
  I'm mainly into Oracle but in a SQLserver database   we encountered this error
  "maximum number of DBPROCESSes already   exist"
  In oracle I would look at the processes parameter   but what would I be looking at in SQL server???   TIA
  Jacob A. van Zanen

Live Life in Broadband
www.telewest.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.