controlfile backup obsolete

From: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:27:44 -0700

Hello List, sorry about posting this again but , no one responded and I am really stuck
I am using Oracle 9i release 2 enterprise edition on win32

After connecting thru rman , I made sure that I did not have any backupsets by running
delete backup ;
and then checked with list backup ;

I have set a recovery window of 4 days with : CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 4 DAYS; And enabled autobackup of controlfiles and spfiles : CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 'D:\%F';

Then I created a backup of the entire database :  backup database ;
(This created a separate backup piece : D:\C-2202427048-20030619-05)

This is the only backup of the control file I have. I checked with RMAN> LIST BACKUP OF CONTROLFILE; List of Backup Sets

BS Key Type LV Size Device Type Elapsed Time Completion Time

Now when I run report obsolete ;
Its gives me the following o/p

RMAN retention policy will be applied to the command RMAN retention policy is set to recovery window of 4 days Report of obsolete backups and copies

Type                 Key    Completion Time    Filename/Handle
Backup Set         60     19-Jun-2003 08:04:42
Backup Piece      60     19-Jun-2003 08:04:42
D:\C-2202427048-20030619-05

Why is this sole backup of the controlfile , obsolete ? If someone runs a delete obselete; they will delete this backup.

Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]