RE: data architecture/conferences/documents/lists

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:09:00 -0700

David - Well, some people on this list write books, some of us read 'em. Actually the Reingruber & Gregory book is awesome if you are in the position of evaluating data models, which happens from time to time with us DBAs. They analyze darn near all common modeling alternatives and provide great reasons for not choosing some alternatives. Made me look a lot less dumb in a pinch. And if the modeler wants to argue you can just state that you are just providing information so it isn't you against them, but them against some noted authors.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 4:40 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Dennis,

I think you are even more of a book worm than I am. I agree that the Ralph Kimball books are great for star schema design. I will check out the other book for normalized models. Thanks for the tip.

Best regards,

David B. Wagoner
Database Administrator
Arsenal Digital Solutions