Re: copy a datafile to a raw device

From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:22:22 -0700

Gene,

        I recall a similar scenario (this was Oracle7, so it may not apply). The real issue was that oracle uses different file header configurations for cooked and raw files when it uses them. I don't think you can copy the file to a raw device and expect oracle to be happy about it. I think you will have to recreate the database (since it is the system tablespace). If it were another tablespace, I think you could get by with just recreating the tablespace.

Daniel Fink

n:Fink;Daniel
tel;cell:303.808.3282
tel;work:303.272.3225
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:DB Services Lead
x-mozilla-cpt:;-4832
fn:Daniel Fink
end:vcard Received on Thu Jun 19 2003 - 15:22:22 CDT