RE: copy a datafile to a raw device

From: Stephen Lee <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:38:04 -0700

Well heck. Nobody else has replied, so I might take a stab at it here. I suspect that the format of the data (bits and bytes) required on a raw device is different than the format of the data in a file in a file system. I'm stretching a bit here, but I think an analogy would be what would happen if you dd a file from UFS to NTFS. The data on the NTFS might be a digital copy of what was on UFS, but it's format is totally useless in the context of NTFS.

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]