RE: MySQL in the future?

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:48:17 -0700

I think we've all seen and are once again seeing a similar maneuver. Can you get MySql from mysql.org, sure but it's going to be left way in the dirt by MySql AB until their version is the only acceptable one out there. Course by then it probably will acquire a different name. and of course a higher price tag. Only the lawyers win!!!

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: Jacques Kilchoer