RE: Oracle JMS

From: Craig Munday <Craig.Munday_at_ecard.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:21:45 -0700

Oracle JMS as you put it is actually Oracle Advance Queuing with an implementation of the Java Messaging Service built on top of it. If you are going to use message queues from Java, I would suggest reading up on JMS first and then go through a number of examples/tutorials.

For the tutorials there are a number of reference implementations that you could use in place of Oracle. SUN probably has one, BEA Weblogic and JBoss application servers definitely have one - I find them a little easier to use and take up a heap less space than an Oracle install.

After you are conformable with the concepts of queuing and JMS I'd then look at Oracle's implementation using Advance Queuing if you still want to use it.

Cheers,
Craig.

Author: Basavaraja, Ravindra
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Craig Munday
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 18:21:45 CDT