RE: Oracle Auditing

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:10:06 -0700

What do you want to audit.  If all table access then I would think you would impact performance.  Are you just trying to audit signon's?  If so, the apps does that automatically.

Jeffrey BeckstromDatabase AdministratorGreater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority1240 W. 6th StreetCleveland, Ohio 44113(216) 781-4204>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 6/18/03 11:14:59 AM >>>String? Length of??It realy does depend on how much you want to audit, and how frequently, andhow big your system is, and how much traffic it carries etc etc.For example, if no one used your db for a month, your audit tables would bepretty small (grin!)peter> -----Original Message-----> From: Kevin Toepke [<A
href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: 18 June 2003 14:50> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L> Subject: Oracle Auditing> > > Greetings and Salutations!> > At the direction of the external auditors I have been instructed to> install/configure oracle auditing in our Oracle Applications > databases.> (sweet!) The next step is to estimate how much space all of > the auditing> information will take. (I plan on moving the data from AUD$ > to another table> on a daily basis)> > Can anyone out there in oracle-l land help me give a
> reasonable estimate?> > TIA> > Kevin

Toepke> Technical Analyst> R+L Carriers> (937) 382-1494 x1308> (800) 558-5456 x1308> > -- > Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="http://www.orafaq.net">http://www.orafaq.net> -- > Author: Kevin Toepke>   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 <A
href="http://www.fatcity.com">http://www.fatcity.com> San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services>

REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message> to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in> the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L> (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may> also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).>
e-mail  message,  and  any  files  transmitted  with  it, areconfidential  and intended  solely for the  use of the  addressee. Ifthis message was not addressed to  you, you have received it in errorand any  copying,  distribution  or  other use  of any part  of it isstrictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely thoseof the sender and do not necessarily represent  those of the BritishGeological  Survey. The  security of e-mail  communication  cannot beguaranteed and the BGS accepts no liability  for claims arising as aresult of the use of this medium to  transmit messages from or to theBGS.
.

<A
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="http://www.orafaq.net">http://www.orafaq.net-- Author: Robson, Peter  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 <A
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 11:10:06 CDT