Re: OEM question

From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kirtikumar_deshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:46:26 -0700

You got it..

I use OEM in the stand-alone mode only, without the repository. However, not all functionality is
available in this mode. But it will get you going to taste OEM ;)

OEM question
Hello all,

I'm configuring OEM for the first time. I see it needs a repository to operate. So for the db-up
functionality, if the database that contains your repository goes down, your db-up function is
dead, right? Sounds like the rman catalog quandry. YOu have a catalog to backup your database,
but then you have to backup your catalog...

And just as a fyi: I completed the upgrade from 8.1.7.4->9.2.0.3 on Windows 2000 without incident
last night. It actually went pretty quickly.

Thanks in advance for any comments about OEM.

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Stressmonkey
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
5259 Coconut Creek Parkway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA 33063
Office: 954-935-4117
Fax: 954-935-3639
Cell: 954-683-4459

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! http://sbc.yahoo.com

Author: Kirtikumar Deshpande
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 08:46:26 CDT