Re: how to hint a unique index scan?

From: Michal Zaschke <zaschke_at_suas.cz>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:45:20 -0700

You can define the exact index you want to use.

/*+ INDEX ( table [index [index]...] ) */

HTH,
     Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Is there anyway to hint a specific type of scan? I know you can hint a fast full scan.

I have something odd happening. I made a copy of a tablespace and transported that copy with in the same instance. So in the one instance. I have two copies of this tablespace.

I have two tables that are 99% identical. IE one has about 1% more records and if you validate the indexes on each they are also less than 1% apart.

Now in one tablespace an update does an Unique Scan and in the other the EXACT same update does a full scan and runs ALOT slower. I want to mess around.

anyway to force a unique index scan? Both tables are analyzed.

Author: Michal Zaschke
 INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 06:45:20 CDT