JDBC and MTS

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:47:32 -0700

I'm not a Java expert so please forgive me my ignorance. JDBC application is facing very strange performance problems during connect. Every now and then everything appears to be hung and then, 10 minutes later, users proceed normally but with the elevated blood pressure and serious lack of patience. I was told that JDBC has it's own connection pooling mechanism and that it will start it's own dedicated server connection. It seems though that the string "SRVR=DEDICATED" has been ignored and that users are acquiring a shared server connection.
Does anybody in this group have any experience with JDBC and MTS? Version is 8.1.7.1, 64 bit on HP-UX 11 with OPS. Dispatchers are cross-registered with listeners on all 4 nodes for load balancing purposes. I found surprisingly little material on the Metalink. No network collisions, no retransmits, no timeouts can be seen from netstat -i and netstat -s. The NIC is 1GB Ethernet and I would be very surprised if approximately 100 users could kill it with a JDBC application. They could use DBA as a human sacrifice, though.

--

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Author: Mladen Gogala
 INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 21:47:32 CDT