RE: exchange partition in 9.2

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:09:31 -0700

Did you say alter table exchange partition ... validate or alter table exchange partition ... novalidate? If you say novalidate then Oracle will sort the exchange table to make sure that you are not creating duplicate rows for the PK constraint. There is a Metalink note on that.
Does the table have a PK enforced by a locally partitioned unique index? Any global indexes?
What options did you have on the exchange partition statement?

Author: Jacques Kilchoer
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]