RE: World premier performance of the BAARF party logo

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:29:23 -0700

Well,
the way memory is growing, we'll soon have in-memory databases which will bring the
<SPAN
class=679340114-16062003>ultimate victory to Cary by rendering the phrase "hit ratio" meaningless. How's that for futuristic <SPAN
class=679340114-16062003>thinking? To go even further, there might even come the day when that monster created by IBM,
the PC
itself will become obsolete and everything will work of a small device, call it "network computer"
which
will run applications from your "application service provider". Am I a genuine futurist thinker
or
what? Don't tell Larry that I've stolen some of his ideas.
Mladen Gogala <FONT face=Arial
size=2>Oracle DBA Phone:(203) 459-6855
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Whittle Jerome Contr NCI   [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003   9:50 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   RE: World premier performance of the BAARF party logo   Putting on my
  futuristic thinking hat, I see a day not too far off when there won't be any   Ds. RAID, as we know it, will go away.   Jerry Whittle <SPAN
  lang=en-us>ASIFICS DBA <SPAN
  lang=en-us>NCI Information Systems Inc.   <FONT
  face=Arial>[EMAIL PROTECTED] <SPAN
  lang=en-us>618-622-4145

    -----Original
    Message-----
    Daniel W. Fink
    wrote:
> Mogens,

    >    As a
    futuristic thinker, I challenge you to go beyond todays
> technology

    and consider what the next millenium may bring. While it is
> all good and

    well to be against RAID-Free/Four/Five, we should also
> issue a

    policy statement against the newer, though not currently
> production

    ready, configurations listed below. <FONT     face=Arial size=2>> <FONT face=Arial     size=2>> RAID-Firteen/Fourteen/Fifteen, Free hundred through Five hundred
> ninety nine

    (inclusive), Free thousand through Five thousand nine
> hundred

    ninety nine (inclusive) and all RAIDS that are powers of

    Free/Four/Five. <FONT face=Arial
    size=2>> >
    Dan Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 09:29:23 CDT