Re: Want to BAARF - Recommendations for 10 36G Drive config

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 23:16:07 -0700

Hi Ron,

It's done. You're Party member # 42 - with a special obligation to know the Answer to RAID-5, of course.

Three members have socalled red numbers that will remain guaranteed constant for as long as we can keep them constant. They are:

Carel-Jan Engels (#11)
Leif Knudsen (#13)
and now Ron (#42).

By the way, Peter Gram has now registered BAARF.com and it should be available in a couple of days. In the beginning it will just point to the MiracleAS.dk page for BAARF stuff, but who knows what can happen?

Mogens

Ron Thomas wrote:
 cite="">
  Mogens-

Can you register me with id 42? It is my age (in a few weeks) and of course the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.

Thanks,
Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Each new user of a new system uncovers a new class of bugs. -- Kernighan

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      Sent by:                 To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:
                      .com                     Subject:  Re: Want to BAARF - Recommendations for 10 36G Drive config

                      06/14/2003 12:59
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

David - I just registered you as Party member # 30. You obviously have the right attitudes :-).

Mogens

Dave Phillips wrote:

    A client runs our app with the following layout. Since their intial 6 drive config they have procured more drives for a total of 10 36Gig Drives. They have also upgraded memory from 1 to 4 gig. I have the opportunity to recommend changes to the current structure to improve performance.
So, any recommendations from the BAARF committee are welcome.

Current System

Ora 8.1.7
Win 2k
Size 30Gig

Logical Array 1 - Raid 1 - OS and Oracle
Logical Array 2 - Raid 1 - App and Index TS
Logical Array 3 - Raid 5 - The rest (Data,Rbs,redo,etc)

David Phillips
Support DBA
BAARF member wanna-be

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).    Received on Sun Jun 15 2003 - 01:16:07 CDT