RE: Fragmentation ?

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:06:10 -0700

Aaah - now I understand. The LRU rule does not hold good once the Goddess applies her personal touch and 'accesses' these blocks (sorry - books) :) So they need to stay in the DB B(l)ock buffer cache as they now migrate to the MRU end of the cache chain... The blocks that do need to go out of the (book) cache are actually those that have been updated!

Couldn't resist the rambling - it is Friday!

John

http://www.fatcity.com
> services

> > from). You may also send the HELP command for other
> > information (like subscribing).

> Author: Niall Litchfield
> INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Do you Yahoo!?