RE: wait event puzzler

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:07:01 -0700

The "db file sequential read" means that oracle is trying to read a sequence of
consecutive blocks, shorter then DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUNT. That usually happens
when reading indexes, but it's not inconceivable to happen during table access as well.

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA
Author: Meng, Dennis
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 11 2003 - 13:07:01 CDT