RE: Named Pipes Protocol Adapter

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:57:31 -0700

Jared,

        I use to use Named Pipes MANY years ago before TCP/IP became the major player in networking. It runs on top of NBP or NetBeui. While one can use it with WinDoze that's about all. None of the Unix vendors that I know of support it. I believe that even MicroSlop has deprecated it's use. So, Why would one want to use it? Probably because they don't know any better.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: Jared Still