Query on Dual

From: Jayaram Keshava Murthy (Cognizant) <JKmurthy_at_chn.cognizant.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:45:16 -0700

Hi
all,
<SPAN

class=404342207-11062003>
Can anyone tell me the performance issues related to the excessive usage of the DUAL table in pl/sql procedures?
I remember reading
an article about this ( I dont remember if it was in ASKTOM site ) wherein it was told that excessive usage of DUAL comes with a cost and there was a suggestion in that to create a view on the system table X$DUAL..
<SPAN

class=404342207-11062003>
If anybody has a
link to that please send it to me.
<SPAN

class=404342207-11062003>
Thanks to one and
all.
<SPAN

class=404342207-11062003>
Regards
Kesh

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

                Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com