RE: Benchmarking of ASP.NET with Oracle v/s MSSQL

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:28:51 -0700

I *think* you generally mean Visual Studio .Net where you say ASP.NET , If this is the case then the newly released VS.Net 2003 does indeed integrate the microsoft provider for Oracle with the various data tools that come with the VS product. I'd probably recommend the Oracle provider anyway in which case yes you'd have to write a stored procedure the "proper way".

As far as connection time goes, this often - but not always, is caused by SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=NTS in sqlnet.ora. Set it to None and often the problem goes away.

Niall

Author: Niall Litchfield
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]