RE: StoredProc SQL statistics

From: <Reginald.W.Bailey_at_jpmorgan.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:24:14 -0700

Mr Shakir:

Can you tell me the URL for the "Tim Gorman website, and Steve Adams website"?

RWB

Reginald W. Bailey
IBM Global Services - ETS SW GDSD - Database Management Your Friendly Neighborhood DBA
713-216-7703 (Office) 281-798-5474 (Mobile) 713-415-5410 (Pager)

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    ahoo.com             To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Subject:     RE: StoredProc SQL statistics

                    ity.com

                    06/09/2003

                    07:34 PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

It is nice to have good tools to find what and how want quickly.

I simply use statspack to find out my most time consuming SQL. To me SQL is SQL. Whether I execute it using SQL prompt, or it comes from one of my PL/SQL procedures.

What I look for it is, how many time I am executing each sql, how many time it is loaded, how many physical reads I have, and how does it compare to consistent reads. If I am executing a SQL 100K time and it takes 1 second, I look at it. If a SQL takes 5 seconds and I execute it only once, it is not worth my time.

There are many scripts in the DBA books, Tim Gorman website, and Steve Adams website you could try.

HTH Mohammed Shakir

Mohammed Shakir
CompuSoft, Inc.
11 Heather Way