Setting database owner to sid

From: Dwayne Cox <dwaynec_at_infotechfl.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 13:25:37 -0700

Hi all,

Here is what I am trying to do:

I want to set up three different databases: test1, test2 and test3. Each database is created by a user named after the sid (i.e. test1, test2, etc). I want each database to be owned by the user so that when I run ipcs to look at memory processes, each database is identified by a different owner.

Would someone point me in the right direction to accomplish this? Currently, every database is owned by the oracle account and I am having a tough time figuring this out. I was hoping to rebuld these databases this weekend to reflect the above. I am running Oracle8i on RedHat 8.0 (will be upgrading to RHAS and Oracle9i in a few months).

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dwayne

--

Dwayne Cox
Corporate Database Administrator

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 352.381.4521 fax: 352.381.4444

Author: Dwayne Cox
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Jun 07 2003 - 15:25:37 CDT