RE: statspack snapshots cause 3-4 sec of 100% CPU utilization

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 09:58:49 -0700

Boris,

I missed the second part of your question... apologies. If your SGA/Shared pool was partly swapped out, I would assume that you might see an increased 'system' utilization. Did you check 'sar -q' and 'sar -r' at the same time to check? I haven't used mandrake - just wondering if the CPU cycles used for memory access are being counted against the wrong pigeonhole..

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Grace - Getting something we don't deserve; Mercy - NOT getting something we deserve
Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]