RE: Interesting!

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:40:06 -0700

In addition, it's very easy to expose those hidden functions/procedures in a package by simply declaring them in the header. This can be useful for testing and debugging.

You can't do that with a stored procedure/function/plsql block.

Jared

"Igor Neyman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 06/04/2003 10:40 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Interesting!

I think, you did.

Using packages you still can "hide" procedures/functions. Just have them in "package body", and don't declare them in "package header/declaration". Thus, "describe <package_name>" will not show "private" procedures/functions.

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Von: Khedr, Waleed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2003 16:20
An: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Betreff: RE: Interesting!

I think it's good to have (forgive me Jared :)). It reminds me with Pascal language.

Waleed

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: Stefan Jahnke
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 05 2003 - 10:40:06 CDT