RE: Those installing Oracle 9i on AIX 5.2L

From: April Wells <awells_at_csedge.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 04:42:48 -0700

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff size=2>But it is on disk 1 of the installation set for 5L!
April Wells <FONT

face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>Oracle DBA/Oracle Apps DBA <FONT
face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>Corporate Systems <FONT
face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>Amarillo Texas
You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need.
~ Jerry Gillies ~

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ruth Gramolini   [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003   1:42 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   Re: Those installing Oracle 9i on AIX 5.2L   Raj,

  Here was what my SA (Claus) sent me when I   asked him what we did special to AIX that Oracle required:

  Standard 5.2 installation with 64-bit support and the basic JFS   filesystem.Graphics were included (Oracle needs X windows).Only   extra thing to install was bos.adt.libm.Oracle needs libm.a but the Base   Application Development Math Library(bos.adt.libm) is not installed by   default.-Claus

  Hope this helps!
  Ruth
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr

    Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 8:39
    AM
    Subject: Those installing Oracle 9i on     AIX 5.2L          Hi all,
    If you are installing or upgrading
    9202/9203 on AIX 5.2L (64Bit), do you have a list of APARS that _must_ be     installed?
    I am talking about regatta (p690) servers     if that matters ...
    Thanks in advance <FONT
    face="Courier New" size=2>Raj <FONT face="Courier New"

    Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot     com All Views expressed in this
    email are strictly personal. <FONT face="Courier New"     size=2>QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is strictly confidential and for the intended use of the addressee only; it may also contain proprietary, price sensitive, or legally privileged information. Notice is hereby given that any disclosure, distribution, dissemination, use, or copying of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete this communication, and destroy all copies.

Corporate Systems, Inc. has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. We specifically disclaim all liability and will accept no responsibility for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and advise you to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Received on Thu Jun 05 2003 - 06:42:48 CDT