RE: 9.2.0.3 online index builds resolved (we hope)

From: Kevin Toepke <ktoepke_at_rlcarriers.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 09:04:53 -0800

Why not just drop and recreate the indexes nightly instead of rebuild? Oracle provided a cool little package called DBMS_METADATA that allows you to extract the DDL from the database. If you use this package you don't have to worry about managing table/index changes as you simply extract the definition form the data dictionary every night.

Kevin

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com

Author: Kevin Toepke