Database recovery question

From: Clarkson, Timothy T SEOP-OEIRH/1 <Timothy.Clarkson_at_shell.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:04:52 -0800

I have a hot backup of an Oracle database (all files located on E:), I now want to restore the hot backup location as F:.

Now if this was a cold backup I could recreate the control files :-) But since it is a hot backup I need to do a recover database using backup controlfile.

My question is how can I recover the database as I do not think this is going to work. Database size 17GB, SYSTEM/TEMP/ROLLBACK is about 500MB and I have only 1GB of space on the E: ?

Any ideas please :-)

Tim Clarkson
Category Business Management System (Technical Support) Shell International Limited
Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)20 7934 4529
Email: Timothy.Clarkson_at_shell.com
Internet: http://www.shell.com

Author: Clarkson, Timothy T SEOP-OEIRH/1   INET: Timothy.Clarkson_at_shell.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 10:04:52 CDT