MView data problem

From: Manoj Ahuja <manoj27_07_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 05:19:39 -0800

Hi All,

I have a mview(Materialized View) that i refresh ONDEMAND. This Mview takes 15 minutes in refresh as it involves a complex query and lots of data in master table. But as soon as the refresh starts old data gets deleted from the mview and there is no data in mview untill the refresh is complete. As i m querying the mview in my scripts i get no data if some request is sent during that refresh interval. Can we keep this old data untill new data gets populated? Or is there anyway that we can reduce this time period for which there is no data in mview?

Thanks in advance

Manoj Ahuja

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM). http://calendar.yahoo.com

Author: Manoj Ahuja
  INET: manoj27_07_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 08:19:39 CDT