RE: HELP URGENT RMAN FAILS - FILE?????

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:14:41 -0800

Paula - I don't see where anyone replied, so . . . In Oracle 8i, backing up the control file with RMAN and then recovering that control file is a dicey business. I recall that part of the problem is the point in the backup the control file is backed, maybe not after the file backups. Anyway, I gave up on that backup and just issue a separate statement after the RMAN backup. I think in 9i this is much better and maybe RMAN backs the control file up automatically. I think Robert Freeman's book has information about this, but my copy is at work. I know, I know, I should have two copies, right? Sorry this isn't much help, hopefully you've made more progress by now.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com