RE: dbms_stats broken

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:35:37 -0800

Lisa et al,

Am I missing something or did someone ever mention that for STALE to work, one needs to set MONITORING on required objects? Straight from the Fine Manual:

Enabling Automated Statistics Gathering The GATHER STALE option only gathers statistics for tables that have stale statistics and for which you have enabled the MONITORING attribute. To enable monitoring for tables, use the MONITORING keyword of the CREATE TABLE and ALTER TABLE statements, as described in "Designating Tables for Monitoring and Automated Statistics Gathering" on page 8-9.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002