Re: Problem with TOAD

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 04:45:41 -0800

Cause: The synonym used is based on a table, view, or synonym that no longer exists.

Action: Replace the synonym with the name of the object it references or re-create the synonym so that it refers to a valid table, view, or synonym.

looks to me like one of the data dictionary views that toad is trying to use no longer exists or after the data dictionary synonym was created the object no longer exists. wierd, i thought synonyms were deleted when their corresponding objects where dropped.

best way to fidn the problem is to an anti-join on the synonyms to the data dictionary views. you will need to use a wildcard for the v$ views.

im curious about this. please post what you find.

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net