Problem with TOAD

From: Satya Prakash Viswanath <>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:09:48 -0800

Hi List,

I am facing a strange problem with TOAD (ver

I am not able to log onto my Oracle database server ( thru TOAD. I am getting "ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid". I do not know how this correlates with this error while connecting. I am able to connect to any other database thru TOAD. I am able to connect to my database using SQL* PLUS but my comfort level with TOAD is high that I do not want to revert to SQL * PLUS. ;)

The things that I will list out are :
1. Tried running the TOADPREP.sql from SQL*PLUS. The script goes thru fine without any problems.
2. Nothing has happnened to my PC/Database since the last time I logged in to my machine. Very normal behavior. 3. I can desribe all my toad specific tables from SQL* PLUS. 4. The strange thing now (after running TOADPREP.sql) is that i can access all user tables but not dba tables(dynamic performance views)

5. Stopped and restarted the servies but to no effect
6. Even reinstalled TOAD but to no effect.
7. I have checked the trace files, seems fine to me.

Even though this issue is specific to TOAD, plz help me on this. I am in touch with the support also but I cannot wait for 1 day for their reply.
Any pointers?

Satya Prakash

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:

Author: Satya Prakash Viswanath

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 28 2003 - 23:09:48 CDT

Original text of this message