Re: skip scan index

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 19:04:52 -0800

I was about to post the results of my test which also did prove you wrong. I ran the test with a 10046 level 8 trace to show the individual index block reads which nicely show why it is called a skip scan, but since you already proved yourself wrong there is no need.

BTW, as of Oracle 9 you don't necessarily need to restart the database to reset the pools. This should do the trick:

ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS 'immediate trace name flush_cache'; alter system flush shared_pool;

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle7, 8, 8i, 9i OCP DBA
Centrex Consulting Corporation
http://www.centrexcc.com