Re: skip scan index

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 06:40:09 -0800

Richard,

the access would be order date or vendor id/order date (since it's possible to look up by vendor id alone as well)

very low cardinality on vendor id -- right now I have all of two.

personal opinion is that the developer read something "cool" and decided to tell the DBA how to do things, especially since the statement was "create a skip scan index" :)

Rachel

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM). http://calendar.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael